It’s been a while since I’ve done a major multi-part DTM deep dive, but tomorrow is an important date….
Featuring interviews with six vital musicians, one guest post, a new piece of Iverson pedagogy, and a glance at Bird in print.
CHARLIE PARKER CENTENNIAL
1) Charles McPherson and Steve Coleman
2) Tom Harrell and Mark Turner
4) Bertha Hope
5) Live Bird is the Best Bird (by Mark Stryker)
6) Bird is the Word (five famous solos and commentary)
7) Words about Bird (reception history, featuring Hampton Hawes)